The future is what you make it.
The future is what you make it. By joining Honeywell, you become a member of our diverse team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who create the things that shape our future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us shape the future?
Aim of the Position:
We are looking for a System Engineer that would join our Next Generation Avionics – Honeywell Anthem team. You will be responsible for Flight Controls development and testing – especially in the areas of Automatic FCS - Flight Guidance, Autopilot, Maintenance or new AFCS Servo development but also you may take part in BendixKing product development. The final product will be serving to customers not only in Business, Regional but also Urban Air Mobility and General aviation segments. There is an opportunity for you to grow alongside the new product development and experienced team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Flight Controls Servo, Flight Guidance, Autopilot, Virtual Guidance Panel or Maintenance Systems design
• Requirement analysis and decomposition
• Model based development
• Flight Test support e.g., on local Bonanza test plane
• Participate on mentoring, coaching, training, and developing other engineers
• Cooperate with process focal on guidelines and processes improvement, tailoring and definition
• Collaboration with domestic and international teams and customers including possible ground or flight test activities
• Actively support Internal and External Audits
• BS/MS in Electrical Engineering/Controls Systems/Aeronautical Studies/Automation
• 5+ years of System development experience with emphasis on Control/Automatin systems
• Skilled in Matlab/Simulink
• Ability to communicate fluently in English
Please note that due to export restrictions, we will only be able to take into consideration applicants with an EU or US citizenship.
• Aerospace background
• Knowledge of DO-178B/C standard
• Knowledge of any scripting language (e.g., Python, Perl) is a plus
• Systems validation & verification
• Writing of documentation
• Capability and willingness to travel abroad for trainings, business meetings and customer support
• Ability to make decisions and fully taking responsibility for the associated risks
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Fixed 3+2 hybrid work from home
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.