We are currently looking for a new intern for the position Mechanical Engineer for our HONEYWELL INTELLIGRATED – PROJECT team in Brno.
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading, single-source provider of automated material handling solutions and intelligent software that drive fulfillment efficiency for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, warehouse execution system software, services and support, our solutions give businesses a driven edge in increasingly sophisticated commerce and fulfillment environments.
Learn more at:
How your future role will look like?
Our mechanical engineers perform a variety of vital mechanical engineering work involving the planning, configuring and execution of conveyor system projects for large distribution centers. You will be responsible for the technical quality and efficiency of the mechanical design. Finally, you will get the chance to gain knowledge of what we do and become full member of our team who after studies can further develop his career in our company.
Your key responsibilities
• Creates and verifies layout, detail, air, load, structural drawings, schematics and equipment orders as applicable to the project.
• Plans equipment layout, material flow, and measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of resources and equipment on projects as assigned
• Works with other engineering fields in the development and application of material handling equipment and solutions
• May potentially direct and coordinate building of prototypes. Confers with research and other specialists to clarify and resolve problems found during execution; prepares design modifications
• Performs calculations (e.g. to compute angles, weights, dimensions, etc.) and prepares detailed multi-view drawings based on engineering data and standard references
• Technical background in mechanical engineering or equivalent domain (ideally in 4th-5th year of study at university)
• Good technical thinking and attitude
• Advanced English skills (B2 level or higher)
• Availability for part-time contract
• Material handling or related experience
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to learn new technologies
• An open, creative and team-oriented personality
• Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Part-time contract with possibility of prolongation/change to full-time
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Daily use of foreign languages
• Experienced leaders to support your professional development
• Possibility to participate on big projects for number 1 customers all over the world
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.