The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a NPI Sourcing Specialist to join our Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) team in Brno.
NPI Sourcing Specialist responsibilities:
The position is responsible for NPI related Sourcing activities for Industrial Safety. Managing and steering cross-functional projects related to High Risk materials and commodities. Project management capabilities are mandatory for this role in order to drive cost improvement-sand further developing the sourcing perfection in NPI. Responsible for the timely delivery of sourcing contribution and results for the assigned NPI projects. Use and develop tools for supplier selection and NPI progress.
• Support the NPI process for developing sourcing excellence in NPI. Ensure that the sourcing strategy for NPI supports cost effectiveness and innovation for the business.
• Identify and work to close the gaps in the current supplier base in cooperation with the sourcing team & Supplier Quality. Take ownership and accountability for the sourcing metrics in NPI.
• Promote the use of the PSL and contribute to global negotiation. Launch regular RFQ/e-auctions in the NPI process, put agreements and sourcing plan in place for achieving NPI product cost target and performances. Guide CAPEX request
• Be involved in a very early development stage in order to be able to influence the design of the products that support the business and sourcing strategy at the maximum. Influence and support design to cost and design to market, support the second source strategy that is rolled out.
• Develop together with other functions a prototype strategy that will enable to rapidly develop prototypes.
• Can be responsible for handling CE/VE projects within the LOB, especially the key ones requiring strong collaboration with R&D team.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Graduate degree, preferably commercial in the area of Sourcing
• Demonstrated experience in strategic Sourcing, preferably in an international manufacturing environment
• Project management knowledge
• Proficient in English, spoken and written
• Proven negotiation skills, able to carry out successfully high-level negotiations with both large and small suppliers
• Understanding of operations management and supply chain processes and principles within an organization
• Good understanding of the importance of the strategic sourcing function within a lean manufacture org.
• Additional ISC / Sourcing qualification
• Project management training or certification
• Experience in working in a matrix organization
• Experience of 6 Sigma tools and techniques highly advantageous
• Basic understanding of legal/contractual agreements
• Technical understanding
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Experienced leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.