Mechatronic Power Engineer
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Use your knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals to help Honeywell Aerospace deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will work under supervision and alongside some of the World´s most talented engineers. You will cooperate on the development of Honeywell's next generation of TRL6 technologies from designing, testing and/or validation to prototype.
What will your role look like?
You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who guide and ensure the success of engineering projects and programs. With your senior colleagues you will cooperate on developing advanced electrically driven aircraft systems (propulsion, actuation, air conditioning).
• Develop advanced electrically driven aircraft systems (actuation, propulsion, air conditioning)
• Definition of specifications and requirements based on system-level requirements
• Performing trade studies related to motor control, inverters, power conversion, selection of key components
• Develop and build of system prototypes working with mechanical, thermal, layout and testing engineers.
• Component and system-level testing, integration, and verification
• M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or similar domain (Mechatronic) for graduates as well
• Knowledge of electrical or preferably electromechanical systems including:
• Digital modeling & simulations of electrical or electro-mechanical systems e.g. in Matlab/Simulink (must have)
• Experience in design of power electronics on circuit level – up to 1000V preferred (nice to have)
• Good communication skills in English
• Relevant practical experience (Master and PhD experience may be considered as relevant experience if appropriate) is welcome
• Experience with participation on full development cycle from specification and architecture definition to design is welcome
• Passion for exploring new things
• Independent thinker that can work in uncertain environment of R&D under limited supervision
• Willingness to travel up to 10% (mainly CZ, SK, but US as well)
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.