Project Manager III – R&D team
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business units: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
We are currently looking for a new member for the position Project Manager II (mid level) for our HONEYWELL INTELLIGRATED Research & development team in Brno.
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading, single-source provider of automated material handling solutions and intelligent software that drive fulfillment efficiency for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, warehouse execution system software, services and support, our solutions give businesses a driven edge in increasingly sophisticated commerce and fulfillment environments.
How your future role will look like?
You will implement and coordinate the operational aspects of ongoing Customer & Product Support projects. As purpose you will serve as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management, review status of projects and budgets, coordinate schedules and deliver status reports, assess project issues, and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customers satisfaction goals and objectives, develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress, and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and customers.
• Project Management of various types of project as NPI New Product Introduction, VE/CE Value Engineering or Sustaining projects
• Leadership of multi-function project teams to achieve cost, investment, timescale and quality targets
• Ensure that all projects are performed and documented in line with IGS NPI process and project information are available within project management tools accurately and up-to-date
• Identify and highlight process improvement opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of project teams
• Facilitate and reinforce communication within project team members
• Accountable for - on time / defined scope / defined quality – project delivery, release the product into production
• Report project progress in front of management committee (PAC review).
• Define project plan and track actions across entire project team consisting of R&D, marketing, sourcing, quality, production, finance.
• Team will be globally distributed.
Key Performance Measures
• Project schedule compliance
• Project cycle time
• Project cost
Principal Networks & Contact Links
• General safety General manager and functional leaders
• EMEA functional leaders
• Project Managers from within General Safety and High Risk segments
• External suppliers and customers
• 6 or more years of experience in project management and project execution. Especially scope, schedule, time and quality project management skills with planning, execution, implementation and monitoring.
• Ideally background in mechanical engineering, or other industry sector
• Experience in NPI (New product introduction area) or in R&D (Research & Development)
• Should also demonstrate experience of product planning, product costing, and production process capability methodologies
• Using the mathematical and statistical knowledge and tools for measuring and metrics of project vitality and overall project status.
• Excellent knowledge and experience on project reporting to various level of management
• Excellent communication skills; demonstrated presentation skills;
• Fluent in English.
• Exceptional analytical skills, with demonstrated ability in problem solving, root cause analysis in process breakdown, and solution finding.
• Preferably PMI/PMP certified
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is an advantage
• Able to deal and influence people from different cultures.
• Be highly results oriented and data driven, establishing clear tasks for team members and helping them meet the goals.
• Candidate should be proactive and have energy to pull the team.
• Availability to travel (approx. 10% of time)
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.